Sunday, May 20, 2007

Controllers

As you might imagine, I'm the type to jump headfirst into things. Sometimes that doesn't work out so well, as my recent experiences can attest. Still, I think a person does learn and accomplish things that way, even if some efforts are wasted.

I don't really know the best way to set up my controllers, so I figure I'll end up doing a lot of recoding. (How do you deal with all of that generated code from Rails if you make a mistake? That's got me a bit worried.) Here's the plan.

I'm going to start with a classic admin and user model. The admin will be able to add and delete languages and modules, build and edit modules, and upload and delete files. The user will be able to select a language and module, and play the game.

Later I'll add a design section, which may be a separate controller or an extension of the user controller. The designer will be able to add modules, build and edit modules, and upload files. The designer won't be allowed to add languages or delete anything (except maybe their own files or modules). I'll also need login capabilities for users, designers, and admin.

No comments: